Green Building Evaluation and Testing
While many 'green contractors' focus on specific parts of the house or in selling specific products they are marketing, ANR's mission is simply to improve the energy efficiency, indoor air quality and comfort of existing homes through a comprehensive suite of assessments that are an important part of what we call our ‘Whole House Approach’. We don’t offer products or gimmicks - just a comprehensive assessment of your home with thorough evaluation and analysis, and a proposed plan for implementation (accompanied with financing options) should you choose to proceed with energy upgrades.
The following is a list of tests/assessments included in our ‘Whole House Approach’ that will help us determine your home’s energy efficiency and environmental quality:
- Blower Door Test – Will detect air leakage and track air flow and building pressure to measure the speed air is being lost or gained, and also to detect the efficiency of weather stripping that may be letting heat in or out of the home.
- Duct Blaster Test – Average home leaks 30% of it conditioned air into the attic and crawl spaces. Duct blaster uses a fan to force air through all holes and cracks in ductwork and we can measure the leakage
- HVAC Systems Test – Static pressure, temperature rise, carbon monoxide test, Freon check and flow-hood test
- Combustion Appliance Zone Test
- Infrared Photography
- Solar Power Evaluation – to analyze the potential benefits of installing solar panels on your home